Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bro (Sis), you gotta have FAITH

When the disciples failed to drive out a demon, they asked Jesus why. Jesus answered, "Because you have so little faith... if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

As a pastor, I was often times discouraged by Christians who are still unwilling or unable to surrender to Jesus. I asked God, "Lord, when will your children learn to love you, worship you and serve you? They seemed so caught up with themselves, so bent on doing their own things... I still dreamt that one day, we will become a people shining brightly for you in Singapore! Nothing I can do will make a difference..."

To that, Jesus gave me the same answer as He gave Peter while walking on water, "You of little faith. Why did you doubt?"

Indeed, I should doubt my own abilities. But why should I doubt God's abilities? Isn't He able to achieve for Himself all that would please Him? Isn't His children more precious to Him than any gold or silver put together on earth?

O, me of little faith. I would wise up and continue to be God's faithful co-laborer. Though I'm weak, He shall show me His own might by raising for Himself a new generation of spiritual warriors!

No comments: