Friday, March 17, 2006

Are you aware of God’s presence?

I came across this poem during my quiet time. My soul is awaken by the gentle breathe of God. Here He is, all this while, in my life and all around me. Hope to share this joy with you 

I was awakened by a tiny gleam of light
it slipped through my curtain, onto my face.
It drew me to my feet and on to the window
Drawing back the curtains
dawn stepped softly into my room.
I knew it was God.

In the middle of my loneliness
the phone rang.
A voice I knew so well, said
‘Hello, I love you.’
Love stirred in my soul
I knew that it was God.

Rain fell gently on the thirsty ground.
Slowly, carefully, steadily it came
to an earth parched with waiting.
Through those holy raindrops
I walked, unafraid – without an umbrella.
I knew that it was God…

It was only a Silver Maple
But in the morning’s sunlight
it was filled with heaven.
I stood in a trance
as one touched by angel wings.
I knew that it was God.


By Macrina Wiederkehr, taken from Joyce Huggett, “God’s Springtime” pg. 22-23

Pr. Lai Kein

No comments: